Friday, July 15, 2005

An Actual Conversation with a Fellow Cyclist on Bloor Street Today

At a red light, he turned around:

guy: "The water fell out of my hand."

me: "Water? I didn't see it."

Light turns green, but I am pinned in by cars and garbage cans and newspaper boxes.

guy: "It got away from me."

me: "Oh yeah?"

guy: "Some people will chase after you if you litter." He makes running motions with his arms. "They get in your face."

me: "Oh yeah?"

guy: "I had to punch a guy out once. I tossed a Coke can at a garbage cab and missed, and a guy yelled: 'put that in the garbage!' and he chased after me. I had to kick him."

I see an opening and start making my way around.

me: "You should have put it in the recycling bin." (OK, so I didn't say that, but I wanted to).

Technorati Tags: ,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a friendly cyclist! He just wanted to yap for the sake of it?

Anonymous said...

People will talk about ANYTHING if desperate enough (not you, the Friendly Cyclist).

running42k said...

I cycle commute as well and I have to admit I never get into any conversation more indepth then a hello.

Super Happy Jen said...

People are weird.

I wish I could bike to work...but it's too far.

zydeco fish said...

G, I should've, but I'm a chicken.

SHJ: How far is too far?

Liz said...

I don't think I could bike to work. It's (a minimum of) 75 miles one way. With the price of gas, I have considered a motorcycle though. Of course, there would probably be about 5 or 6 days a year that the weather was suitable.

mister anchovy said...

I hope he didn't kick the guy too hard...