Thursday, September 29, 2005

ZF's Capsule Reviews of some of the Fall TV Season

Two Fins Up:

Threshold: so far so good. Interesting plot and what seems like good casting.

Invasion: I thought there might be some Partridge Family references, but that hasn't happened yet. I am sticking with this one for a while.

Alias: I know the new season hasn't yet started. It's a must see, if you ask me.

Arrested Development: I should watch this more often, but I never seem to know when it's on.

Two Fins Down:

Supernatural: super boring. It's like an X-Files episode dragged out to extreme lengths.

E-Ring: This show is a load of crap. And, what's the deal with these movies stars coming to TV? Everyone wants to be Martin Sheen, I guess. Dennis Hopper seems to have forgotten how to act, and Benjamin Bratt clearly never knew how. This show is an advertisement for the American military and the USA as defenders of the free world. It is nauseating and if I have to hear another USA is great speech, I will puke. I bailed half way through episode two, 'cause it was far too painful to watch.

Commander in Chief: Geena Davis wants to be Martin Sheen too. So does Donald Sutherland.

House: Maybe I've just seen too many hospital dramas. Maybe it's because I used to work in a hospital. Maybe it's that I think nothing can tops Scrubs, although I never see it for some reason. Anyway, House is sub-par.

Lost: There are so many things wrong with this show, it's difficult to know where to begin.

Amazing Race: I have seen only two seasons. This, after only one episode, may well be the worst.

Ghost Whisperer: Regrettably, I saw a few minutes of this failure of a show. My question is, why would anyone rip off another mediocre show? As if Medium wasn't bad enough, we now have a clone.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the two Jennifer's (garner and hewitt) (see my scorn? No Capital Letters for them!) should be locked up and never heard from again.
That is all.

Anonymous said...

capsule reviews, eh? You sound like a professional reviewer already...

Anonymous said...

Up in this neck of the woods, Arrested Development is on on (ha ha!!) Monday night at 8:00 on Fox. Perhaps it's the same in Toronto.

I usually adore the Amazing Race. This season however...I can't wait for it to be over with. I'm still going to watch it, but I'm not going to like it.

Anonymous said...

PS - That friggin' accordion cracked me up!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I like what you've done with the place.

Of course, I know only a couple of those shows, and I join Miss Kimberly on spitting at garner; that alias show just does not rate for me.

Anonymous said...

At least someone feels the same way I do about Lost.
I've just about given up on TV since they took Six Feet Under off...

Anonymous said...

The comment above was not supposed to look like that.
I'm not an idiot...I swear!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that happened to someone else, and I have no idea why.

Anonymous said...

That fish is rad!

Anonymous said...

you watch way too much television

Anonymous said...

The problem with allowing anonymous comments is that they are more than likely posted by cowardly dickwads who like to criticize, and prefer not to stand behind what they say.
Douches.

Anonymous said...

oops. A wee bit of bitch slipped out again. Geez.

Anonymous said...

The template is awesomeness by the way.I can seriously read this.

I rarely watch television but the Amazing Race I used to like. Haven't seen it this year.
I watch HBO, Curb Your Enthusiasm is excellent.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what's with all this garbage supernatural thriller bore stuff of network these days? Jennifer L. Hewitt's still nice on the eyes, but plays every role like its Scream 4-200.

Medium did suck as well...good concept, poor follow-through.

Anonymous said...

You're totally right about E-Ring and Commander in Chief! How I Met Your Mother is another bomb.