Thursday, October 27, 2005

Idiosyncrasies

Borrowed from Miss Meliss:

Write down five (or more) of your own personal idiosyncracies. Then, if you wish, tag five people from your blogroll or friendslist to do the same.
Main Entry: id·i·o·syn·cra·sy
Pronunciation: "i-dE-&-'si[ng]-kr&-sE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -sies
Etymology: Greek idiosynkrasia, from idio- + synkerannynai to blend, from syn- + kerannynai to mingle, mix -- more at CRATER
1 a : a peculiarity of constitution or temperament : an individualizing characteristic or quality b : individual hypersensitiveness (as to a drug or food)
2 : characteristic peculiarity (as of temperament); broadly: ECCENTRICITY
- id·i·o·syn·crat·ic /"i-dE-O-(")sin-'kra-tik/ adjective
- id·i·o·syn·crat·i·cal·ly /-'kra-ti-k(&-)lE/ adverb

01) I often read more than one book at a time, sometimes three or four.

02) I sometimes count stairs as I walk up them. It used to be an obsession, but I have been working on it.

03) I cannot start watching a movie or TV show that has already begun, unless I have seen it. I will often choose not to watch it even if I have only missed a few minutes.

04) I work better in the morning (pre-8:00 am) or late at night (after 11:00 pm).

05) I have to end my shower facing in the proper direction - the curtain. It ruins my day when I am finished and facing the wrong way.

06) I have lists of all of the DVDs, CDs, LPs, and cassettes I own.

07) I keep clothes I will never ever wear again, often for years, before I throw them out or give them away. This is probably deeply psychological, as my mother rarely bought me clothes.

08) I glue things into my daytimer (ticket stubs, etc).

09) I used to only read dead authors. Now, I only read living authors.

10) I am always early.

I am sure I will think of better ones tomorrow. BTW, I tag everybody :-)

Technorati Tags: ,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew I got the crazy vibe from you!

Anonymous said...

very interested that you have divided your reading life into live vs dead authors....it would never occur to me to do that...mind you, I once had a collection of stamps that featured nothing but heavy industry (mostly from the so-called Eastern Block countries.

Anonymous said...

Wow...

Now I don't feel so bad..

HA!!

Anonymous said...

But... it IS something to write about tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I just updated my answer to your tag...

I still do the dead authors thing, and no. 10 as well. Hate being late, myself.

Anonymous said...

In reading people's answers to this tag, I notice that a LOT of us have OCD tendencies. These results have made our son feel a LOT better about himself.

Anonymous said...

Whether I am in my own home or someone else's, I have to look in the shower before using the bathroom at night.

Anonymous said...

You can't tag everyone -- it said FIVE people.

Ok, fine--let's see:

1. I have weird sensitivities to almost everything. Fabrics (like bedsheets, which constantly feel like they are covered in sand), noise (I hate the sound of television), cold air (blasted air conditioning)

This is seeming like a lengthy one--I think I'll continue it on my own blog.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! If only I was still this popular in real life. :) Already owe 2 memes.Will credit you back when I get to this one.
Hopefully, for now, I share these w/ you: #1,3,4,7,10