Monday, December 12, 2005

A Dream, A Dream

It was Friday night, I think, when I awoke after having a very perplexing dream. In it, Jack Klugman reprised his role as Quincy. That's not so strange, you might say. But, let me go on. He was Quincy on Planet of the Apes (it wasn't that lame remake, but I couldn't tell if it was one of the original movies or the TV series). Even now, I hear some of you saying, that's not so odd. But, let me go on. In the dream, he wasn't simply Mr. Klugman playing Quincy dressed as an ape. He really was Jack Klugman as an ape. There was no makeup. Jack was all aped out. OK, maybe it was simply very convincing makeup. My immediate question was, is Jack Klugman still alive? That passed, and I haven't bothered to find out.

Analyze that if you like.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...this dream is clearly an indication of your fears of devolution...that rather than evolving and progressing, you are merely devolving into your ape ancestors...

Anonymous said...

Dear Anon, that is a fascinating but deeply flawed theory. Nice try though.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure he is dead.

I had a dream once that I was waiting at a bus stop but didn't have any money for my bus fare, so I borrowed some from Dustin Hoffman.

Anonymous said...

According to IMDB he is still alive.

As for analysis. You're saying all Laywers have the mind of an ape.

Anonymous said...

Jack Klugman is still kickin' at 83, and is therefore available for your continued ape-dreaming pleasure. Couldn't resist looking it up.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you learn something new everyday. I thought he was dead. Mind you I also thought Richard Prior was dead so I was surprised to read he died on the weekend.

Anonymous said...

I thought Richard Prior died 5 or so years ago. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

A couple weeks ago I wrote about beating Dave Matthews in a foot race. That was crazy.

Anonymous said...

Funny, the dialogue that keeps coming into my mind when I think of your dream is:

They're peopleeeeeeeeeeeeee, you damned dirty ape!

Anonymous said...

This may be a sign that you left the tv on in your bedroom when you went to sleep.

Anonymous said...

That is a bizarre dream indeed. I had a similar dream, but with Tony Danza playing a eco-friendly logger in an imaginary episode of the X-Files.

No more soymilk before bed.

Anonymous said...

Quincy was cool, I always liked that show because he always solved the crime and had a babe on a boat. What's better than that?

As for the dream? I dunno man...

Anonymous said...

How is it that I forgot about the babe on the boat?

Anonymous said...

No, I don't venture into analyzing publicly on the net lol. I loved the Quincy tV show though!!!!