Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Why Am I Here? and Fear Factor

In hindsight, I should have taken all of this week off, not just the last two days of the week. I am back after a long weekend, and I am wondering why I am here. I should be at home sleeping or drinking rum. Instead, I am sitting in front of my computer, with little motivation to do anything, except walk to the supermarket to get some food for today's staff Xmas party. It will be all fun and games, well, at least there will be staff games... :-(

I rarely watch Fear Factor, 'cause I think it is so repetitive and boring. Even when they eat cow anuses, it's a bit boring. If they had to butcher the cow first, then carve out the anus for ingestion, that would be something. Simply eating an anus on a plate doesn't seem like such a big deal to me. Same goes for bull testicles. If you are going to force someone to eat those, make them harvest the things first.

Anyway, it occurred to me that there is little that I would consider to be genuinely fear-inducing. So, my proposal is that they add a new twist to the show. My idea is: kill the contestants and then resuscitate them. You know, stop the heart, and then defibrillate them or use adrenaline or some other means to revive them. Now that would be interesting to watch.

I guess I have to create a post in which I review my best posts from 2005. I did this the past two years, and I have to say that I lack the critical faculties to do this. So, if you have any ideas, I'll gladly listen. So far, I am thinking that the poop entry has to be there.

Technorati Tags: ,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Begin the small town guy that you are, have you ever been present during a bull's castration. Man, that is something I'm never going to forget let me tell you.

Best post of the year... the poop sure is up there pretty high. The grandmother reusing the toilet paper one is pretty good too.

Anonymous said...

Chris: I have never seen a castration, and I really don't think I'd like to either. Maybe that's because I am a man and it seems so personal.

Anonymous said...

My ONLY fear is that something horrible will happen to my kids.
Your poop post is definitely top 10 material. I forgot about the Grandma post, but that's up there too.(Especially since I WON, I WON, I WON) Peeing in the shower was up there too. I notice a pattern emerging in these body function posts, hmmm....

Anonymous said...

You could do a post about irrational fears. We all have them.

Mine are snakes.

Anonymous said...

The poop post has it.

I've never done a best post of the year thing...I guess because my blog is only a year old.... that is an idea at least.

Yes the poop post...kept me up all night.................. oh no nevermind..that was the chili....;)

Anonymous said...

As a first time visitor, I've only read the poop story but that was good. I'm sure some people wouldn't like the story because of it's nature but then if you're reading it for the Guiness Records, its all in.

Anonymous said...

Noooooooooooooooo!

NOT the poop story!

Anonymous said...

I can't watch fear factor. It seems stupid. I agree with you...kill then rescusitate them. Much more thrilling!

Where is this poop post ya'll have been writing about? I have one of my own. Go to my blog to see it...

Anonymous said...

'Fear Factor' is a misnomer. I wouldn't be AFRAID to eat a cow's anus, for example, but I wouldn't do it. It's just disgusting. Fear is something entirely different.