Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Zydeco Fish is Boring and post-Rheos Comments

I apologize for the boring quotient on my blog recently. I guess I've had other things to do, like work. So, this blogs sucks eggs recently.

After the Rheostatics show last night at the Horseshoe, I cycled home through the snow. I brushed the snow from my bike seat, saddled up, and headed up Spadina Avenue. The roads were snow-covered, reminding me of my childhood. Looking at the snow under streetlights always reminds me of late evening tobogganing.

The Rheos were good, as usual, and I managed to speak with Tim and Dave briefly. The crowd was smaller this year than at last year's fundraiser. The timing was not so good 'cause many colleges and Universities are in exams now, so that might have killed the crowd a bit.

I cycled past Grossman's Tavern and heard a few bars of blues that traveled very well through the snowy night. I saw Jeff Healey there a few years back. And then, I cycled home through the quite and snowy streets, trying not to fall off, careful to avoid the patches of ice hidden under the snow.

Happy Birthday Keith.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are times when I love living in Florida... reading this entry isn't one of them.

I want to bike through quiet and snowy streets late at night.

Anonymous said...

Makes me want to jump into a verse of some old winter tune.
" sleight bells ring, are ya listening,,,,in the lane...blah blah blah.

Anonymous said...

You're brave. I find it difficult to walk when it's icy, let alone bike.