Wednesday, January 18, 2006

My Shirt

Today was one of those days where I ran out of time in the morning, and so I grabbed a shirt of almost last resort. It's not such a bad shirt; it is black with long sleeves. It does have a fine cut. It's warm, solid, and feels nice. I gave it the sniff test and pulled it over my head.

The problem is that is has some sort of padding on the front. It's not a serious padding, but it is noticeable. In fact, a colleague said to me today: "Is that padding on your shirt?" I couldn't say that it wasn't padding. If anyone touched it, they would know. It's like there is extra material bunched up in there.

Of course, I was reminded of my step mother, a woman with some sort of serious quilting fetish. She will quilt on top on anything. Hand her a perfectly fine jean jacket and she will layout a patchwork quilt that would be the envy of all of the Mennonites in Waterloo County. That's what my shirt is like. It feels almost quilted. I may have to take this garment out of rotation.

Technorati Tags: ,

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

what you have to do is...show us the shirt.

Anonymous said...

Does the padding enhance your pectorals and make you look all macho and Arnold-Schwarzeneggerish?

Anonymous said...

Nice to see that you haven't lost that amazing fashion sense of yours.

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious!! A quilted shirt!

I agree with Superhappyjen...is it kind of like a padded bra?

Anonymous said...

I feel like I can't really grasp the hilarity without seeing it.

Anonymous said...

Well, it's not so much like a bra, and it doesn't offer any Arnold-Schwarzeneggerish advantages. I am not sure I can share it. Besides, you really need to touch it to get the full effect.

Anonymous said...

hmm, if a picture will not suffice perhaps this calls for padded shirt tour 2006. It could become a chain shirt, sent through the blogosphere.

Or, you could leave it at the lost and found in Union Station and local bloggers could visit it to render their opinion.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the spiderman costume my 8 year old nephew wore at Halloween. The padded from gave him a six pack and huge pectorals as well as monster deltoid. What he didn't count on...The melvin one might see on the ambiguously gay duo. Oh yah.

Anonymous said...

I thought I posted already. Humm

Quilted clothing...ewwww

Glad you are back.

Anonymous said...

I thought I posted already. Humm

Quilted clothing...ewwww

Glad you are back.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I know those kinds of shirts!

(Oh the humanity!!)

Hey, got any mineral water?

Sniff test, yeah, I know about that!

Anonymous said...

The lumps in my shirts usually turn out to be wadded up fabric softeners.

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs a quilted shirt. You do Grandmother's everywhere proud.

Anonymous said...

I hope they didn't accuse you of stuffing yourself...ha ha

Anonymous said...

ROFL- "I gave it the sniff test." Reminds me of people I better not name publically. hehe