Thursday, February 16, 2006

And the Answer is...

Running42K just sent me an email and guilted me into getting back to my blog, which I have been ignoring. I have no good excuses, really.

OK, I confess: I really don't know when that picture of me was taken, beyond it being December of some year when I was a child. So, everyone who guessed December sometime in the 1970s, you win! Good going. Too bad for you that the prize was only useless points. But, if I ever win the lottery, I'll convert that to dollars (Canadian ones).

In other news, I am distressed to say that I have to cycle past Fonzie's cheesy grin every day on my way to work. It is in a TTC bus shelter on Wellesley Street. You may remember that I met the Fonz once, when I thought the concept of The Fonz was cool.

In later years, I have come to realize that the idea of The Fonz in idiotic. How did Happy Days get away with it for so long? I don't like Fonzie. Fonzie sucks.

Technorati Tags: ,

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember thinking the Fonz was way cool back in the day...now all I can think when I see him is how short he is...

Anonymous said...

he has nice teeth

Anonymous said...

For me it was ruined when I got old enough to realize that he probably wasn't really starting up the juke box with his fist. :-( Darn special effects.

Anonymous said...

When I was really little, I wanted to be the Fonz when I grew up.
I had the leather jacket and everything, then a little boy told me I couldn't be the Fonz since I didn't have a penis and was not a boy.
I prayed and prayed, but sadly it never grew in.

Anonymous said...

That's okay Fish - I had been ignoring your blog too. :-D

The real questions surrounding the Fonz were:

1. Would Henry Winkler have had any kind of acting career if not for that one role?

2. What was a relatively old guy doing hanging out with teenagers all the time?

Anonymous said...

The Fonz is still cool. Isn't he? Anyway I was born at the end of '79, exactly halfway into the Happy Days series. I think that makes me super cool.

Anonymous said...

I understand that Mr. Winkler has become an accomplished fly fisherman in recent post-Fonz years.

Anonymous said...

The Fonz isn't cool?
What the?

Anonymous said...

Really?? Wow, I can't believe you're hating on The Fonz.

Anonymous said...

maybe it will pass.