Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I'm a Nerd, sort of, and a Dream

I am nerdier than 48% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!

I suppose it could have been worse.

In other news, I had a dream about Doris, the blogger behind Diary of a Pissed-Off Asian Woman. I have never met her. In fact, there are only two bloggers on my Blogroll that I know in "real life." In my dream, she showed up at my place of work and gave a speech. The funny thing is that she was neither Asian nor pissed-off. In fact, I would have described her as a Happy Irish Woman.

So, I dashed off to the Dream Moods, an interesting dream interpretation site I learned about from Super Happy Jen. I discovered this:
To hear a speech in your dream, suggests that your inner feelings are being made conscious to those around you. Consider what is said in the speech. If you hear a politician give a speech, then it represents egotism and deceit.
Hmm, I am not so sure. I can't remember what was said in the speech. I tried other dream concepts with no luck, except for:
To see a group of women talking in your dream, refers to some gossip.
There was only one woman talking in my dream, but I have to say that this seems sexist to me. And, finally:
To see a chalkboard, represents the classroom and the difficulties you may have experienced in school. There is a lesson to be learned from this dream. You may feel that you are being put to the test. Consider what is being written on the chalkboard. Alternatively, it signifies your debts.
There was nothing written on the chalkboard. The good news is that I can now interpret that dream in which I was smoking a cigar.
To see or dream that you are smoking a cigar, represents luxury and a relaxed state of mind. You are in control of your own emotions and passions. According to Freud, a cigar is a phallic symbol and is representative of masculinity and raw energy. This dream symbol may also serve as a symbol for someone you know who smokes cigars.
Technorati Tags: ,

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought from the title of this post, that you were implying that in addition to being somewhat of a nerd, you were also a dream, as in dreamy...

Anonymous said...

well, that goes without saying.

Anonymous said...

Well, I scored 22. I'm surprised. I figured I'd be Highly Nerdy.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm less nerdy than I thought. I scored as not nerdy but definitely not hip. lol

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I was able to teach you something. Having gone through that site a bunch of times with a bunch of dreams, I'd say the interpretations are more accurate than the newspaper horoscopes. On par with the weather channel.

BTW I got a 43. I thought the test was biased towards computer nerds. I myself am a Star Trek nerd. There are also LOTR nerds, comic book nerds, gaming nerds, animal nerds, etc. There were few questions dealing with these.

Anonymous said...

I'm nerdier than you are.

Anonymous said...

It says that I am not nerdy, but definitely not hip, too :)

Anonymous said...

How did you know it was Pissed off Asian woman? Did she tell you that during the speech?

That was a fairly nerdy dream. I think you can add a few points to your score for that.

Anonymous said...

Here's the news....I'm not very nerdy. In fact it seems I'm likely cool. (haha, fooled the quiz)

Anonymous said...

32% - a wannabe nerd.

What the hell am I doing in librarianship, then???!!!

;-)
G

Anonymous said...

That's some curious analysis!

Anonymous said...

Oh, 94%.

Hmmm.

Anonymous said...

hey, i missed this post earlier. guess what: i *am* a happy irish woman. jk obviously.

interesting analysis. i like this, which i stole from radmila at my2secondshelflife.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the dream link; I used to have this one on my favorites, but lost it!