Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I Blog in my Sleep and other Curiosities ... I mean Complaints
A few nights back, I dreamed about blogging. In that dream, I posted something to my blog (!) but I can't remember what it was about. I often fall asleep with fantastic blog ideas running through my head, only to find that I have forgotten them by morning, which is probably a good thing. What sounds great in near paralysis is probably not. In my dream, I also commented on some blogs. How bizarre is that? I guess that was some sort of sign.

About two weeks ago, I lost my cell phone. As some of you might know, when one loses a cell phone, one is in for a major expense. You can't get a new one for that insanely low price you pay when you activate it. No way. That Motorola Razr you can get for either $49 or $99 costs $450! What really pisses me off is that when I called Bell Mobility to say that I lost my phone, the first thing I was told is that I am still responsible for my contract. I called to have my number cancelled, and I got phone discipline. I know some people would happily pay for a good session of phone discipline, but this was terrible customer service. Of course, I could activate an old phone, but none of the phones I acquired will work on the Bell network. I either have to come up with $299 to cancel my contract, or pay an unreasonable price for a phone that is a piece of crap. Bell sucks.

I got a flat tire on my bike while riding on Dundas Street. The only good thing about it was the fact that the tire made a satisfying "pop!" when it was punctured by a sharp piece of metal.

I have to pay $500 in income tax. When I was on leave last summer, no Federal tax was deducted. I realized after the fact. Taxes suck.

I think I am complaining too much. In the good news department, I attended part of the International Photobloggers Meetup in Toronto last weekend. That was cool, and I met many photographers from all over the map (like Florida, Wisconsin, and Liverpool).

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

17 comments:

hemlock said...

How odd is this?

Kelly at Marmalade posted about this exact thing!!! I think you two should get together to fight the cell phone companies!

Sorry to hear about your bike. At least you got some satisfaction out of it...

Does this mean you're back???

Anonymous said...

Well Veriozon let's you get a new one for the insanely low price if I think yearly, ( maybeit is every two years) but you have to extend the contract.
They have us by the balls even if we have no balls. I hate cell phone companies.

Super Happy Jen said...

Another item to add to my list of reasons why I don't own a cell phone.

running42k said...

I'm with superhappyjen. No cell phone for me.

For the tires do you go with those tubes with the gel inside? They really cut down on the flats.

Jen said...

We owe $2000 in taxes so don't feel too bad.

Anonymous said...

I'd say if you're dreaming about blogging a you had better stop blogging. ;0

MP said...

I drempt that I blogged something I should have and got in "trouble" from everyone I knew...but I don't remember what I blogged!

Kyahgirl said...

that's too bad about Bell Mobility. That's who I'm with.

go ahead and complain, I have my ear plugs in :-)

where is your photoblog?

tshsmom said...

Maybe you'll enjoy the freedom of NOT having a cell phone?

Smurf said...

I have done that, fallen alseep with great ideas about what to write about and when I woke up... couldn't remember it the way it sounded as I was going to sleep if I could remember it at all... ;)

I am sorry about the other things... sometimes you need to vent... so no worries there!

The ZenFo Pro said...

Yup, the joys of modern mobile technology...

I had a similar experience a while back...never drop your phone ina urinal...

Apparently, that wasn't covered by Verizon's insurance policy...err..

zydeco fish said...

Hemlock: I guess I am back, sort of.

zydeco fish said...

R42 - no gel. i am using the plain old pneumatic tires.

zydeco fish said...

"where is your photoblog?"

Well, that may be a secret, but then again, it may not be. Do oyou really want to see it?

Kyahgirl said...

yes. :-)

Gel said...

An international photobloggers meeting. Cool! (I just posted another photo on my blog. Wow it would be great to meet others.)

Sorry about the cell phone incident. Major suckiness.
As for taxes, oh yes, I agree. When my husband was unemployed for over a year, we were taxed on the pathetic amount of unemployment!!!

mister anchovy said...

bell mobility may be the evil empire. they disguise themselves from time to time, but don't be fooled.

For a brief period in my life I had a cellphone, and bell mobility screwed up badly and I ended up not having phone when I really needed phone....had to escalate my fight to the President's office before they would even apologize.