Friday, August 04, 2006

I Just Cleaned my Office!

And, or some reason, it gives me a great sense of satisfaction, like I actually accomplished something important, rather than doing the obvious, expected and mundane. But, I am feeling buzzed anyway. There is white space (actually taupe space) on my desk, new places to put things, ample room for paper expansion. On the downside, I have created more files in those ubiquitous manila file folders, now hung in my filing cabinet, where they will probably languish for years before being dumped in a big blue bin with the final words "sweet fancy Moses, why in god's name did I keep this junk?"

What ever happened to the paperless office? I have more paper than ever, and a growing file of electronic documents and email backfiles cluttering my computer, not to mention music and photographs. It's seems like I am going crazy digitizing the analog, and analogizing the digital, if that makes sense. Talk about duplication.

It's a long weekend for me, and the other Ontarions out there, who are granted the first Monday in August off to celebrate Simcoe Day. John Graves Simcoe was the first Lieutenant Governor of Upper Canada (now Ontario).

Wow, that's two posts in two days, but don't get excited.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

6 comments:

hemlock said...

Too late... I'm already over-excited!! I CAN HARDLY CONTAIN MYSELF!!! I'm even writing in ALL CAPS!!

Have a great weekend ZF! Don't we all deserve it?

zydeco fish said...

Wow, you are excited.
Yes, we all deserve great weekends.

Kate said...

Grrrr. I am so jealous of your holiday. After a month-long holiday, I was whipped by a freaking two-day workweek. How am I going to handle five days next week? And then, the week after that, the kids come back. ARGH!

Anonymous said...

Man, I checked just out of curiousity and just about fell over to see TWO posts. Congrats on the prize, BTW. You can use that money to develop your WI-EL (somehow that sounds like something out of Superman to me...)

mister anchovy said...

Old John Graves rocked....

Anonymous said...

I also get a buzz from cleaning up my areas!
BTW, my blog is moved.
It's now called "Shadows in the Moonlight" and since I wrote two blogs under 2 different names I combined them into one, with categories for my artwork, photography, poetry, besides humor and general posts.
It's here:
Http://ShadowsintheMoonlight.typepad.com
(Can't remember if you know me as "Green-Eyed Lady"- hence the "GEL" part of my blog name)