Friday, September 22, 2006

Cockroaches

OK, so I just found a cockroach in my office! I put my hand in my drawer to get something, and my hand came out with a cockroach on it. Yikes! I may need to move my office higher in the building. I have lived with these little bastards in two different places, and I hate them. I have a few choice cockroach stories, but I'll leave that for another day. The good news is, the exterminator is coming. That means we will be seeing lots of dead and dying insects, since an infestation was recently discovered in the staff room. I guess they migrated to my office.

On my way to give an instructional session to 25, or so, engineers yesterday, a bird shat on me. I hear that's good luck, but, not on a black shirt. I had to find a bathroom and try to get the shit out, but when there are no paper towels, that is a hard thing to do. That's the trouble with hand dryers. Damn the hand dryers. I hate the noise they make anyway, but they can make your hands nice and toasty.

When I got to the class, I discovered that the TA was missing and, after a few minutes, I realized that he probably had a better offer. So, I had to collect the assignments, introduce myself, and then thank myself. I did a good job, of course.

Happy Friday.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

12 comments:

hemlock said...

What a beautiful post. No snarkiness what so ever!!

I was at the beach once and the person I was with got shat on by a seagull. It was pretty hilarious. Then again, she could just go swimming to wash it off. Sorry to hear about your luck.

Happy Friday indeed. Have a great weekend!

zydeco fish said...

Snarky? Me?

Liz said...

You're ALIVE!

zydeco fish said...

Barely.

Anonymous said...

Every time I start to complain about the spiders in our house, I stop myself and think that it could be worse. Oh yes. It could be worse. I'll happily live with the spiders.

Anonymous said...

One time, when I was a kid, I got shat on by a bird. My brother and I were playing outside our family restaurant and I pointed to something for him to see when - splat!

I didn't understand what had happened, as I was pretty young at the time, but my outstreached finger was now covered in this white goo.

Everyone had a good laugh. At my expense.

Kate said...

Welcome to my life. The wall and the floor of my "temporary" classroom don't exactly meet. I can see daylight. So, I suppose I should be glad that the worst I've seen has been ants. Although with all the rain and flooding, I should have a few tree roaches when I return. Yuck.

Kate said...

P.S. Tree roaches (Palmetto bugs) are at least an inch and a half long and half an inch wide. And they fly.

Jay said...

That'll teach you for wearing a black shirt.

Anonymous said...

I hate roaches.

Have you really not blogged in a MONTH?

Wow.

Anonymous said...

I snuck to your blog from KILL THE GOAT.
Love your writing! I'll be back :)

zydeco fish said...

missmeliss. sadly, it is true that i have not blogged in over a month.

someone please hit me.