Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Me

Yup, this is me. My sister snapped this photo with a Kodak EK-2, better known as The Handle. It was a Polaroid clone, and was soon off the market when Kodak lost a lawsuit. The photo has faded over time, and I had to do quite a lot of reconstruction to get it to look as good as it does. Of course, having me in the photo really improves the scenery :-) Please note the bell bottoms pants. They were once de rigueur.

According to Bizarre News, January 24 is Eskimo Pie Patent Day! Yesterday was national (I am assuming in the USA only) National Handwriting Day, National Pie Day, and Measure Your Feet Day.

I did none of the above. My handwriting is so bad, I can barely read it. I have had to ask people to try to figure out what I wrote. The other problem is that I am far too cryptic. Just recently I wrote "blog - fruit." Clearly, this was an idea for a blog post, but I have no idea what I meant.

Technorati Tags: , ,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need to expand on the 'blog - fruit' idea, regardless of your original intent.

Cute photo.

Anonymous said...

I write notes like that for blog ideas. And similarly, when I look at them later, I wonder what I was smoking when I wrote it down.

When I can read it. Since I mostly type and rarely write, my handwriting has become truly atrocious.

BTW, I forgot to put a link to I Pooh's official website so you can be sure to learn all about them: www.pooh.it

running42k said...

Funny that you mention Eskimo Pie Day as Cool Brands, the makers of Eskimo Pies, just sold them to Nestles.

Enough business news, we now return to our regularly scheduled blog.

Anonymous said...

I think the fading gives the picture a cool effect.

Anonymous said...

ha, ha, good old stuff.

Damn, you don't post forever and now I can't keep up with you.