Monday, February 05, 2007

I Have Returned

During the one day mini-conference that preceded the Ontario Library Association's Super Conference, I sat behind a woman who spent most of the day knitting. Now, I am sure that knitting is a wonderful pastime. One must get an extraordinary sense of accomplishment out of giving useful form to something shaved from the hide of the Ovis Aries. Still, it was a bit odd, to me anyway. And, she never even offered to make me socks or a sweater.

The guy next to me looked exactly like Abraham Lincoln, only much much greyer. Whenever I think of Abraham Lincoln, I have a visual image of him in a top hat and tux. I think that might have something to do with a Star Trek episode I once saw.

But, the worst thing about this event was the chairs. Clearly, they were designed by some sort of Sadist. I have never been so uncomfortable. Well, there was that time in the Hummingbird Centre after 4 hours of Wagner, but that was to be expected. I kept looking over at Lincoln, expecting him to be all presidential and to veto the chairs, but he looked so peaceful and relaxed.

I'd like to say a few things about the conference, but I am off to a long meeting (2 hours or more), so it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Technorati Tags: ,

2 comments:

Critical Darling said...

See, this is why people think you young male librarians are weird. You just don't fit the stereotype. Thankfully, I've thought of a genius way to get the word out: a calendar. That's right--it'll be super sexy and all proceeds can go to literacy programs.

zydeco fish said...

That is an excellent idea.