Thursday, March 15, 2007

10 8 Things I'd Like to Learn

1) How to fly a helicopter I am not sure if this comes from watching too many episodes of Magnum PI as a young boy, or from years of listening to Darryl Dahmer. Anyway, it would be so cool to be able to fly a helicopter like Carrie-Anne Moss in The Matrix.

2) How to build a spacecraft that really works and is fast enough to get me to Pluto in, say, 2 to 3 minutes. I'd like to be able to get to Alpha Centauri in half an hour.

3) How to break dance I am not so sure I want a callous on the top of my head the size of a grapefruit, but it would be cool to spin on my head and do all of those crazy moves. Besides, I could then audition for So You Think You Can Dance.

4) Sign language I'd have to figure out which language first, because there are many types. This would really only be cool if everyone I know also learns.

5) How to ride a unicycle I saw a high school kid riding a unicycle to school on Bathurst Street once, and it just made me wonder why I was on two wheels when I could have been on one.

6) How to juggle No, I am not planning to join the circus. My friend, Colin, could do this in grade 7, and I was amazed. Have you ever wondered why jugglers drop something in every performance? It's to make juggling look harder than it is. I've tried, and it is as difficult as it looks.

7) How to become a millionaire overnight Wait, I have to check my lottery ticket ... crap, I can't cross that one off the list.

8) How to make myself invisible Yes, I love Heroes. I have long known which superpower I would like: It's immortality, but I think that being invisible would be far cooler. If I could combine both, that would be awesome. Oh, and if I could read people's minds. I think I want to be Sylar.

I was going to list 10 things, but I can only think of 8 at the moment.

Technorati Tags:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on juggling, the unicycle, and sign language.

tshsmom said...

Can I have a ride in your helicopter and space ship after you learn how to drive them?

Anonymous said...

i'd pay some serious cash to see you bust a move and break dance...

i'm not kidding.

really.

mister anchovy said...

I'd kind of like to learn sign language too.

Kate said...

I would love to be able to breakdance as well. There's a kid at school who can leap about six feet in the air and then land and spin on his head. I am so jealous.

I am so stealing this meme. I think I may be moving into the boredom and wanting to go back to school phase of Spring Break, God help me.

Anonymous said...

I remember going to a dumpster behind Zellers when I was a kid, so that my cousin could get a large piece of cardboard for breakdancing.

Good times.

Good luck with the spaceship thing.