Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Fish Heads & the Woody Allen of Chemistry

So, here's the Fish Heads video, if you care:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzpN9ce_qF0

Ii tried to embed this video using YouTube instructions, and using about four other methods posted on the web, and they all failed. I keep getting a Blogger error, and Blogger kept stripping off some of my closing tags. I'd put them it, and Blogger stripped them off in a vicious and irritating cycle. Damn you Blogger.

So, this morning, I went to a short conference, or a long meeting, at MaRS. I am not sure what the best description is, but I was bored stiff. I am not a chemist, not even close. My only knowledge of chemistry comes from the chemistry set I received for Christmas when I was about ten years old. I was never able to make anything truly combustible, even when I paired it with the electronics set I received the same year. I bet Carter from Hogan's Heroes could have made something deadly with it.

But, one of the presenters was rather entertaining in a Woody Allenish sort of way. He had that distinctive accent, like Woody or even George Costanza, along with that halting cadence characteristic of Allen. I found it very amusing to hear this guy say things like "non-hydrogen heteratom" and "stoichiometry analysis." Even then I was terribly bored and very hungry, and the lunch was gluten city, so I fled to find lunch at a place around the corner and came back here to get caught up with work and eat chocolate.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

2 comments:

Liz said...

Wow, I don't know if I ever saw the whole video before with the intro before the song. I think I only saw the part where the song plays before.

Anonymous said...

I have yet to attempt to put a YOUTUBE video on the blog. My friend once worked for Woody Allen and she told me he was scared of her. (SHE IS A BIG GIRL LOL)