Thursday, March 01, 2007

When I was 18

I went back to that Imagination Prompt Generator and was asked:

"What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think back to being 18?"

That's easy: my jeans. I spent a lot of time finding the most flattering jeans. They had to be tight and make my ass look good. Now, they weren't so tight that I had to lie on the bed, get out the coat hanger, and invite a friend over to help me get them done up, but they were rather constricting. I am glad the era of tight jeans for men is over, at least I hope it is.

I wish I had a good anecdote about my jeans from that period. I can tell you that, in my adult years, all of my jeans seem to wear out in the crotch. It leads me to believe that today's jeans are inferior to the denim of my youth. There could be other explanations, but I am going with that one.

Here's a little price of trivia: my waist is still same size today as it was when I was 18, but I wear slightly larger pants :-) I credit a diet that is completely free of beer with aiding in my great physique. Oh, and maybe some cycling helped out a bit.

The second thing I think about from that age is my hair. I still have a full head of hair, I should point out. But, back then it was lustrous and long, and very shiny. I spend lots of time styling my hair. I kept a black comb in my back right hand pocket. We all did, back in the day, just like The Fonz.

_____

I got a flat tire on my bike two days ago, and I haven't been able to pick up a new tube, so I have been taking the subway. Yuck. Happy March.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...I don't think my waist is the same as it was when I was 18...

This may be a controversial statement, but I think beer is overrated.

zydeco fish said...

I also think that beer is overrated, although I drank it when I could.

running42k said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
running42k said...

I'm the same age as you and my waist is 30". Maybe it was something in that dorm room that made us so damn sexy?

You are lucky you got a flat. Read my blog for details. Yesterday sucked big time for cycling.

Teena in Toronto said...

Alas, my waist isn't the same size as when I was 18. And it's a lot of work to keep it where it is.

hemlock said...

There could be other explanations

Oh yeah???

Sorry. This just got me laughing.