Friday, May 11, 2007

Dreaming of Drugs & Getting Stuff Done

Imagine drug dealers showing up with a dump truck filled with pot. I guess they overestimated the demand, and were quite put out when their buyer only wanted two or three ounces, and not several garbage bags of the stuff. There they were, two dudes in overalls shoveling weed into large bags, like it was cattle manure.

No one could have missed the huge truck stopped in the middle of the street, with these guys offering to sell Mary Jane to anyone passing by. I watched the guys do their business and then noticed a cop heading towards me. I took off and found myself in an appliance store (probably Sears) where I nonchalantly began appraising and comparing refrigerators and stoves.

Mr. Cop started to harass me and grabbed my arm tightly. I protested that watching a drug deal is a sociological event - something anyone would watch - especially given the scope of the operation. I didn't purchase any, never spoke to anyone, and only fled because I felt I had been mistaken for a buyer or seller. This cop had it out for me, and clearly wanted to take me downtown to book me on something or other. The dream ended there.

Clearly, I think the possession and sale of smallish amounts of marijuana should be decriminalized. One ought to be able to cultivate it for one's own use. Forget the wasted time and effort prosecuting small time users. That is crazy.

Work

It's Friday and I have finally finished preparing for my presentation next Tuesday. Next week is conference craziness. I have one conference on Monday and Tuesday, and another Wednesday to Friday evening.

I have almost finished a short opinion article with a co-worker. Hopefully, that will go out soon, and then a co-worker and I have to start preparation for a major presentation for a conference taking place in a few months.

I'll be mostly away next week, so updates may not happen for a few days. Have a nice week. Don't do anything I wouldn't do. Catch you on the flip side.

Technorati Tags: , ,

5 comments:

mister anchovy said...

I agree about decriminalization. Pass the chips, dude.

Super Happy Jen said...

Perhaps you were illegally appraising appliances. I'm sure there's a right and wrong way to do such things.

tweetey30 said...

Weird dream. Hubby dreams of storms. Sometimes he is the storm. Good luck with the Conferences and find sometime to have some fun also.

Anonymous said...

WOW, you sound busy. I thought librarians just hung out, discussing the Dewey decimal system.

Love your dream.

I also believe that the law makers should chill out in the weed department. There's far more scary stuff out there... like pharmaceuticals.

tshsmom said...

Perhaps a toke before the conference will make things go smoothly. ;)