Monday, November 12, 2007

Tagged

I was tagged back in June by Running42k (my old roommate from my undergrad days). Finally, I have answers. I am supposed to write about 8 facts about myself, then tag 8 others.

1. I hate unexpected loud noises. For example, if I plug in the vacuum cleaner and it fires up immediately - because the switch had been left on - I have to turn it off even if it means that I will turn it on again in a few seconds. I have to be ready. I need to know if anyone in earshot is going to turn on a blender or a food processor or hair dryer so I can be prepared. I also hate leaf blowers, but you already know that. If you have one, dump it and buy a rake. Better yet, mulch your leaves with your lawnmower (but warn me before you start up your mower) and then leave the leaves on your lawn all winter so that they make some nice fertilizer. That's why they are called leaves, after all.

2. I have a tendency to count stairs as I walk up or down them, even if I know how many there are.

3. I have only ever sent one text message on my cell phone. I just don't understand the appeal. Maybe that's because I am tethered to a computer for most of the day.

4. I like mayonnaise on my french fries. In fact, I am not a fan of ketchup or catsup or catchup. Speaking of condiments, I prefer to have my salad dressing on the side in restaurants because they always apply too much. Salads are usually soaking in the stuff, making most of them practically inedible.

5. I like my job. It's the best job I have ever had. I hated my last job. It was the worst job I have ever had.

6. I am a huge fan of dark chocolate (dairy-free, that is). If you have no idea what to get me for Christmas, please mail me some Lindt dark chocolate. My birthday is coming up too.

7. My favourite cuisine in Indian. I couldn't live without it. Aside from naan, it is virtually gluten-free, which makes it even more indispensable.

8. I'd like to go to Greece and the International Space Station.

I have no idea whom I should tag, so I will tag everybody.

Technorati Tags: ,

8 comments:

tweetey30 said...

That is neat to know about you. I have never tasted Indian food though. You dont like loud noises like the vacuum my girls hate it even if they are prepared.LOL...

SeizeTheNite said...

I hate text messages too.
I just don't get it.
Make a phone call and get it over with!

Greece is a great choice as well!

mister anchovy said...

It would be very interesting to gather in a room, say 20 people, who all prefer mayo to ketchup on their fries, just to see what else they might have in common. I work with a fellow who likes steak sauce on his fries.

I don't know about text messages. I don't own a cell phone.

running42k said...

Little behind on your to-do list I see.

Anonymous said...

Mayonnaise... Blech.

Dark chocolate... GOOD.

Jay said...

The mayo thing is very european. And strange.

Anonymous said...

french fires...les flammes francaise...

zydeco fish said...

Good eye. That one slipped past me :-) I wonder what French Fires are?