Thursday, January 10, 2008

10

10 posts in 10 days must be a record for me. So, in honour of this occasion, here is a list of the first ten things that came to mind when I thought of the number 10:

10 - Bo Derek was never a 10 (or an 11) in my book, but, just in case you are interested, I am a 10.

The Metric System - Ah, the simplicity of having everything based on tens. Too bad the USA is anti-metric.

Binary - Where 10 is 2 (and 111 is 7 and 10101 is 21...)

Powers of 10 - A film from 1977 that explores everything from the microscope to the cosmos. The Simpsons did a great riff on this in a couch sequence.

Letterman's Top Ten Lists - Sometimes hilarious and sometimes not so.

Number 10 Downing Street - Gordon Brown is such a boring name.

Ten New Songs - Not my favourite Leonard Cohen album, but still awesome. Leonard is a lyrical genius.

10 - The number 10, which follows 9 and precedes 11.

10 Commandments - Is it just me, or are some of these ridiculous?, especially: "For six days you shall labour and do all your work." Six days! I am agitating for a four day week.

Warp 10 - The unattainable maximum speed in the Star Trek Universe.

Did I miss anything?

12 comments:

tweetey30 said...

I think you got everything that i can think of right now.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Great List. I'd have added Ten Little Indians (the play, not the song), but then you'd have eleven things and the symmetry would be destroyed.

zydeco fish said...

I actually considered listing 11, just to see if anyone would notice, but I got stuck at 10 :-(

tshsmom said...

You're a blogging maniac!
Congrats on being a 10. ;)

zydeco fish said...

Maniac is a little over-stated, I think. Besides, I face the inevitable blogging decline at some point in the future, though I know not when.

cube said...

I think that was just in the original series. Warp 10 has been passed in the more recent episodes.

zydeco fish said...

Damn. My Star trek knowledge is fading away.

Anonymous said...

Ten, the number of fingers and toes we are meant to have.

And? I love that your Star Wars trivia was corrected. You constantly remind me why I love the internet.

Kate said...

*I agree with you about Bo Derek.
* And the metric system. You just have to move the decimal point--how easy is that? We in this country love easy, so you think we'd be more open to it.
* Letterman's #2 is always funnier than #1.
* Gordon Brown always strikes me as the made-up name in a movie

That's all I have.

zydeco fish said...

toryssa: yes, 10 fingers, ten toes. I thought of that and then forgot it.

kate: Gordon Brown would seem to be a good name for a Teddy bear.

Liz said...

I bet you're an 11! *wink wink*

zydeco fish said...

Liz - Well, I'd hate to toot my own horn like that. I am very modest after all.