Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Messenger

OK, so I can't believe that no one had anything to say yesterday about my point that Messenger (MErcury Surface, Space ENvironment, GEochemistry, and Ranging) arrived at Mercury yesterday. It has been 33 years since Mariner 10 arrived there on March 29, 1974. Until Messenger's arrival, it was the only spacecraft to have made the voyage. Messenger will make three flybys, and then be parked in orbit on March 18, 2011. In 2013, the European Space Agency will launch a mission to Mercury, due to arrive in 2019.

Oh, well, I guess no one is interested in this after all :-(

7 comments:

tweetey30 said...

Ok.I read your post yesterday but dont remember reading about an orbit space anything... This is interesting. I had no idea what they were planning.

zydeco fish said...

I guess people were more interested in the brothel story.

cube said...

I get several newsletters about space and did hear about this. I didn't post it because of lack of time, not lack of interest.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was going to say, when you bury the one sentence about it under a story about a brothel, a factoid about termites and sharks, and a tidbit about the Amazing Race, well, that's not exactly placing a priority on the info yourself.

:-)

zydeco fish said...

k - yeah, I know. All of the other items were far more interesting.

Kate said...

Space, schmace.

That is cool and I did register reading it, but I also became much too distracted by the brothel and Amazing Race and comments and...

cube said...

Sometimes stuff gets lost in those smorgasbord posts.