Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Clone this! and a Giant Rodent

Would you eat cloned meat or drink milk from a cloned animal?

I would not, but the FDA thinks it's OK. They see absolutely no difference between conventionally- reproduced animals and those made from ear cells. What's worse is that the FDA will not require that cloned products be labelled, just like genetically-modified foods. I think this is wrong. All of this means that if you want to avoid Frankenfoods, you have to stick with organic products. I am having fond memories of when food was food.

If that is depressing to you, then this should make you smile. The fossilized skull of a one ton rodent has been found in Uruguay. It was as large as a bull. It has been named Josephoartigasia monesi, or freakin' big rodent!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I will not eat them here or there.
I will not eat them anywhere.
I do not eat green eggs and ham.
I do not like them, Sam-I-am."

I'm just hoping that all this Frankenfood will be identified in some way so we can avoid it.

Sigh. What the food industry won't do to cut costs and increase profits while pushing cheap food in quantities that make us obese.

When will we consumers learn?

zydeco fish said...

All Frankenfoods should be labelled with a big skull and crossbones.

tweetey30 said...

Wow I cant believe they are getting away with that. Boy is that a huge fossil though. Wow. I wouldnt want to come across that rodent at anytime...

Anonymous said...

Blech. I wouldn't eat it, as I'm sure they know, or they would be fine with labeling it. It's disgusting, and it seems unethical.

That is a mighty big rodent. Yikes.

Maia said...

SAY NO TO FRANKENFOODS!!

Eeeeeeeeeeee. It's all so scary. I just want to hide in the woods and grow or search for my food.

I'll second your "All Frankenfoods should be labelled with a big skull and crossbones" comment!!

Rodent's cool though.

cube said...

I can only imagine that cats that would dispatch of rats that size. Yikes!

I vote no for eating the frankenfoods and can only hope they will be labeled so I can avoid them.