Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Two Flat Tires plus Gorillas

Half way to work on Monday, I got a flat tire. A quarter of the way to work today, I got a flat tire. On my way back home yesterday, I stopped at a local bike repair shop that I really hate because they are way overpriced, but I asked anyway. They wanted $20 to change a tube! I said I would do it myself. Later, as I walked towards home, I passed the place I recently bought my bike, and they said they would charge me the price of the tube, since I bought it there. I saved $15.00.

I watched the guy inflate the old tube, to find out where the puncture occurred so that he could inspect the tire for any glass or sharps. Trouble was, he must have missed some, for I go another flat. The same thing happened to me about 10 years ago when I bought my last bike, expect that I got three flats in one week.

Man was that ever a boring story. If you think you were bored reading it, think how I must have felt writing it. I am suddenly feeling overcome with hunger, so the gorillas will have to wait.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Oh, you have bad tire luck, lately! Sorry.

I got a flat tire about a month ago and it was due to a nail. Last week I got another flat tire. This time it was a screw. Just to mix things up, you know.

Now that you've eaten, you need to post the gorilla story!

Anonymous said...

I'm still not convinced there are gorillas.

If there were, surely you would have told a Very Interesting and Possibly Amusing Gorilla Story instead of telling us about flat tires.

No gorillas.

running42k said...

I had a bad spell of flats so I ended up getting the tires with kevlar in them and then getting the puncture resistant tubes (with the goo inside). It was a little more money up front but a lot less aggravation later.

zydeco fish said...

Such disbelievers....

Running42K - that is a good idea.