Saturday, January 19, 2008

Water Dreams

In last night's dream, I was tasked with returning two ducks to the wild. At first, I walked with them waddling at my feet in a pleasant dog-like fashion, but then we approached water and I soon found myself attempting to paddle along side them until we reached a designated point. Since I lack webbed feet (really), I had a hard time, especially since I was wearing hiking boots. Once I deposited the ducks in a place they seemed happy with, I attempted to make my way back on land, except that the land was suddenly flooded and I was forced, once again, to make my way through an expanse of flooded plains, just like the previous night's dream.

In that one, I was walking with a friend, and we decided to cut across some back yards of various houses to get where we were going more quickly. Soon, we found ourselves ankle-deep, then knee-deep, then waist-deep, then shoulder-deep in cold water. I took my wallet out of my pocket, placed it in a plastic bag, and held it above my head. I took my companion's valuable documents as well. Once we realized that we were wading through back yard pools, we simply climbed out.

I have not checked a dream dictionary to see what this means, because I am a little afraid to.

3 comments:

tweetey30 said...

Ok question what about those of us that dont dream or sleep to soundly to remember our dreams. What does that mean?? But I am not so sure I would want to know what that dream meant either.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that they meant you needed to pee.

zydeco fish said...

toryssa: if that were true, I'd dream of water every night!