Friday, January 18, 2008

Truck Nuts!

This is hilarious and partly weird, but I have to tell you about it, just in case you missed it. For some reason, a company called Truck Nuts is marketing nuts for your truck. They seem to also be called Bumper Nuts. You have to visit Truck Nuts for a visual. If the welcome image isn't enough for you, feel free to check out not one, but two galleries. Prices range from $24.95 to $45.00 for the brass ones. For only $22.00 more, you get a nut hanger, which doubles as a lock.

Of course, all of this is not without some fallout. Last year, Maryland Del. LeRoy E. Myers Jr. declared that he wanted to ban them. According to the Washington Post:
His bill would prohibit motorists from displaying anything resembling or depicting "anatomically correct" or "less than completely and opaquely covered" human or animal genitals, human buttocks or female breasts. The offense would carry a penalty.
Today, I learned that a Chesapeake lawmaker (Lionell Spruill) introduced a bill to ban them, but he has yet to find a co-sponsor.

I have two comments:

1) I am not sure I would hang them on my vehicle, but, I have to wonder what happened to these dudes' senses of humour. Are they going to try to ban male dogs next because one might get a glimpse of their testicles?

2) And, most importantly, why didn't I come up with the idea for Truck Nuts?

By the way, I am not in the library today. I am AWOL.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, this doesn't happen often, but I am actually speechless.

running42k said...

I did see some of those when I was out for a run the other day. They are ridiculous, but to ban them? Sheer stupidity.

zydeco fish said...

K: I will record the fact that you were speechless on this date :-)

R42K: Yeah, I kind of agree.

tweetey30 said...

Ok. Here. I dont know if I would put those on a truck but hey people do that stuff. It would be funny to be driving down the road and that is the first thing you see.

tshsmom said...

No, I wouldn't put these on my truck, even though I've been known to be a bit "ballsy" at times.

Making this kind of thing illegal is just a huge waste of our tax dollars and a waste of law enforcement's valuable time.
I wonder how breaking this law would be worded on our criminal record? ;)

Kate said...

Sometimes legislators just must be bored. That's all I can say. Perhaps (definitely) these are tacky and tasteless, but making them illegal? That's extreme.

cube said...

I'm not one to ban stuff like this. I'd much rather ridicule these idiots into showing good taste...OK, a little good taste.

I mean, I didn't urge a ban on Clinton when his scandal hit the airwaves & I had to explain to my little girls what oral sex was.

Some people need to think before they act.

Maia said...

OK, these are hideous.

I'm not sure why anyone would think their truck would look better as a result of being adorned with Truck Nuts. I guess that's probably not the point.

PS - Here's my favorite pic from the gallery.

zydeco fish said...

Wow, How did I miss that pic? By the way, South Carolina just passed a law banning them.