Friday, February 15, 2008

Add it Up

Here are some interesting numbers:

2 - the number of times a car has hit me while cycling (both were slight brushes really).
3 - the number of times I have hit the pavement (once because of a reckless driver; the other two times because of clumsiness, or the rotation of the earth)
4 - number of bikes I have had since 1993.
7 - the number of flat tires I have had in the past 15 years.
10 - the number of consecutive winters I have cycled.
27.50 - the number of dollars I save weekly by not taking public transit.
30 - the time it takes me in minutes to cycle to work, including locking up the bike and walking to my office.
5,000 - the approximate number of kilometers I cycle per year.
50,000 - the approximate number of kilometers I have cycled in the past ten years.

7 comments:

tweetey30 said...

Those look like some awsome looking numbers ZF. Keep doing what you are doing. I wish I had a bike to ride more often but I would need a trailer for Brianna. She would never be able to keep up.

tshsmom said...

50,000 km and only 7 flat tires? That's pretty good! How many tires have you worn out?

zydeco fish said...

I think I only wore out 2 pairs. It seems impossible, I know.

Anonymous said...

It'd be great to actually be able to cycle to work.


AT LEAST TEN: The number of times I've almost a cyclist.

Maia said...

Very interesting numbers. I'm a dork for numbers so this list is quite pleasing to me.

How many helmets? And did you change it/them because of vanity or because of safety?

running42k said...

I have had a lot more flats then that over the five years I have been riding all year. It would be nice to know the amount of carbon you haven't put in the air by driving.

zydeco fish said...

maia: 2 helmets. I bought a new one when the old one fell apart. I figure my head is worth protecting :-)