Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oscars, Part 7

Best Actress in a Leading Role: Quelle surprise! I didn't see that coming. Wow.

And another thing, when will the Academy recognize comedy? Serious films always win the major awards, to the detriment of some fine comedic performances. I can't think of any right now, but why are there no categories for comedy? I think they need to get on with that.

OK, so I forgot about the song from Once. I saw this film and really thought is was great, but Glen Hansard always looks pained when he sings (especially the chorus) and I worry that a coronary event is not too far off. He has the same beat-up guitar from the film. Cool.

2 comments:

tshsmom said...

Maybe that's why I hadn't seen any of the nominated films, except Ratatouille; no comedy nominations!

zydeco fish said...

I haven't seen Ratatouille, but I'd like too. I suppose it's inevitable.