Monday, March 10, 2008

Riders on the Storm

I think it was Wisconsin, home to Eric Forman, where it happened. Suddenly, dozens of tornadoes fell out of the sky: I sprinted to get my camera. I shot some amazing photos of tornadoes ripping up the state. I caught them forming, coming down, destroying, dissipating. Some even looked like mushroom clouds. Some where all white, some black and sinister.

In the distance, I saw a hot air balloon caught in the raging clouds, but accepted a companion's explanation that they were riding the storm. It was some sort of new extreme sport. Soon, the balloon came near, rising and falling like a giant yo-yo (speaking of which, I saw a clip on TV that suggested that the yo-yo was invented as a weapon, but the Wikipedia suggests otherwise). I was almost crushed by the gondola, but I managed to get an amazing photo of it from directly below with an enormous black funnel cloud looming above.

Just then, the tiger cub escaped and so did its lunch, which was a small colony of rats and mice. They scattered everywhere, perhaps alarmed by the storms. In despair, the apparent owner of the cub attached his pick up truck to a hot air balloon, intent on riding the storm in his F350. But, someone lassoed the escaped feline, and everything returned to normal, although the storms continued, inexorably.

1 comment:

tweetey30 said...

Dreaming of WI are we? It sounds like you need to come for a visit and we have had some bad storms in certain parts of the area in the last few years. Not that anything in your dream has been true.. LOL...