Monday, April 14, 2008

Lemon and Lime

Finally, 30 Rock is back on the air. Of all the shows I watch, and that is not many, I missed 30 Rock the most. It might be the funniest show on TV right now, and its return to air with the MILF Island storyline was hilarious. (Hint: if you are not sure what a MILF is, you might want to look here, but be warned that it is an adult term). In the bad news department, I took this quiz and discovered that I am most like Liz Lemon. And I thought I would have been most like Jack Donaghy.

Anyway, moving from Lemons to Limes, I finally saw The Third Man. It's a stylish, paranoid thriller. The British Film Institute voted it the best British film of the 2oth Century. I don't know enough about British films to agree or disagree, but I would have to say that it is a great story with there was some solid acting and fantastic cinematography. And, let's not forget the fine performances from the dog and the cat.
Harry Lime: Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

3 comments:

tweetey30 said...

Never heard of the guy you are like. Something I just have to admit.. LOL.. Have a good day.

Kate said...

Swell. That quiz says I'm like Jenna Maroney.

I'll have to watch that movie. It's been an Orson Welles festival around here and I just read four (dreadful) papers about Graham Greene.

Anonymous said...

OY... it's got me pegged as Frank!