Monday, June 23, 2008

Moving on Up

The good news just keeps rolling in. Today, I received my invitation from Matthew Johnson to be included in the "Honor Edition" of 2008-2009 edition of Who's Who! Ring the bells. I am famous indeed. Can the book deal/starring role/business opportunities be far behind? I think yes.

Johnson claims that "There is no cost to be included." The lying bastard if full of shit. Madison Who's Who is a vanity press, a vanity press that tries to rope you in with this glorious opportunity, and then they pressure you to bust out the AMEX. Oddly, the email contains a footer that states: "Madison Who's Who is not associated or affiliated with Marquis Who's Who or any other Who's Who." In other words, they stole the name too. Imagine trying to pull off this scam with a librarian! The jerks.

Of course, I confirmed all of this. It seems that lots of people have been offered a not-so-free listing in the upcoming edition. The scam has been reported to the FDIC. If you want shell out cash for a leather-bound book with your name in it, go right ahead. You might also be interested in the National Library of Poetry scam...I mean contest...too.

1 comment:

tshsmom said...

Your Who's Who is almost as good as all the offers we used to get about our "ancestral coat of arms". Um..yeah..my hubby legally changed his name 35 yrs ago. He made up a new professional name when he was a musician. Find me a coat of arms for THAT! ;)