Monday, August 25, 2008

Disconnected

I have to say that with my laptop still out-of-service, and having been almost completely severed from the web most evenings and for much of the weekends, I have survived better than expected. So far, I have experienced no sleep disturbance, delirium, shakes, hallucinations, convulsions, panic or anxiety, nausea, fever, or tachycardia. Thank god.

Of course, the Olympics were on, and I am a big fan of that event, so I will have to see what happens now that we are back to our regularly-scheduled programming of crap, crap, and more crap.

Speaking of the Olympics, I have a difficult time believing that those tiny Chinese gymnasts are all of age for Olympic competition. Some of them look like they are ten years old and there seems to be lots of evidence that at least one is only 14. When I first saw a video of them clustered around each other, I thought that they looked like a litter of kittens. Someone observed that one of the gymnasts was missing a baby tooth, although I am not sure I believe that.

Younger gymnasts have the advantage of greater flexibility and agility and are less prone to injury, so I have read. Children are also improbably strong. My three year old can do a sort of Iron Cross with little effort.

China faked part of the opening ceremonies and has been guilty in the past of using underage athletes, so I think that this ought to be fully investigated. As expected, previously-available documents have suddenly been removed from the web. I guess this means that my blog will now be blocked in China, if it wasn't already. How to I find that out?

7 comments:

Super Happy Jen said...

I think it would be a great honour to have my blog blocked in China. Imagine, one of the world's great superpowers, actually caring enough about what I say to censor me!

If you find out how to look into it, let me know.

zydeco fish said...

I have to agree. I'll see what I can find out.

zydeco fish said...

Damn, it seems that I am not blocked. You can check here:

http://www.websitepulse.com/help/testtools.china-test.html

zydeco fish said...

I think it got truncated:

http://www.websitepulse.com/help/
testtools.china-test.html

tweetey30 said...

cheating. Chinese Cheat NO WAY.. LOL.. Ok.I am only joking I can see them cheat. They may censor your comments too so we all are honoured to be censored from China..

Kate said...

Just as I suspected--my inane blog is not considered threatening by China. Maybe I could work on that.

Gymnasts can have puberty delayed due to lack of body fat, but those girls were beyond that.

Super Happy Jen said...

Darn, I'm not blocked either. I'll have to write more anti-communist, pro-tibetan posts.