Thursday, August 28, 2008

TCOB

I am taking care of business today, so that I can free up my calendar for tomorrow, when I move offices, again. This will be my fifth office here (actually, it's my sixth, if you count temporary moves). So, that's probably all I am going to write today.

Wait, a few days back, I cycled past a colleague who was being ticketed by the cops for cruising through a stop sign. Later, he told me that the ticket was $110. It made me doubly glad that I took a different tactic when this almost happened to me a few years back.

Why is it that I am acquiring allergies as I age? Suddenly, I am sneezing up a storm in the mornings and using lots of tissues. My eyes are so itchy, I want to rip them out of their sockets. Why? Why? Why?

4 comments:

Deodand said...

Because because because it takes multiple exposures to trigger the immune response. You're finally old enough to have encountered the same plants twice :)

Bridget Jones said...

Poor you! My 80 year old Mom is finally getting allergies also. It's been a horrid year for them, with all the rain. This is a pollen paradise.

running42k said...

Why don't the cops ticket the thousands of drivers running through reds?

As for the allergies, try the neti pot. I am usually stuffed to the rafters in August, but the neti pot is helping immensely.

zydeco fish said...

deodand: so that's it. I guess I need to move to a city with absolutely no foliage.

r42k: neti pot. I guess I will investigate that.