Friday, September 05, 2008

The Death of John McCain

The American public should not vote for John McCain, and here is why. Everyone knows that he is old. I mean, did you hear his speech? He remembers the attack on Pearl Harbor, for God's sake. He's ancient. The problem is that he will most likely die in office, leaving the country in the hands of a 40-something ex-beauty pageant contestant and opponent of freedom of speech and freedom of the press. Just imagine having a President who thinks it's OK to ban books in libraries! She doesn't like certain books because that clash with her religious views and wants to deny you the right to read what you want. That's scary. Maybe she'll get a good ole' fashioned book burning going.

8 comments:

tshsmom said...

What can we expect from a member of the Assembly of God church? This church is worse than the Baptists when it comes to misogyny and adherence to archaic philosophies.

We can all see how well her "abstinence only" policy on sex education is working for her.

running42k said...

I don't know why they just don't turn over the country to the oil companies and get it over with.

tweetey30 said...

it sounds like feirnheight 401.. I think I spelled it right.. Its an old book.

Kate said...

Fahrenheit 451. I just read about 15 papers comparing it to 1984 this afternoon.

My blood pressure gets so high when I think about this that I might have a stroke.

Liz said...

Celsius 232.77777

I just felt like saying that.

Liz said...

The scariest thing in F451 is that it indicates that the people gave up books and liberal arts studies on their own, apparently for 3D televisions and constant music they listen to through earbuds.

A said...

Sarah Palin frightens me. A lot. Unfortunately she is governor of my state. Hopefully she doesn't become vice president of my country. The thought of having more of my rights slowly stripped away makes me unbearably sad.

Kate said...

Oh, and why do you think she said she was going to shatter the glass ceiling once and for all? Initially, I thought she was just clueless since obviously, Clinton meant president and not vice-president. I think she's gunning for a different office than she's officially running for.