Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Conference

I am off to a conference for the remainder of the week and Saturday. That's an indictment of my chosen profession. No self-respecting profession would schedule a conference on a weekend. As far as I can determine, all library conferences bleed into the weekend. We are weak.

In other news, I find it fascinating that some people are thinking about the Year 10,000 Problem. Y2K was a bust. I had expected something disastrous to happen and was severely disappointed when it didn't. That guy who invented the Y2K problem ought to have been fined.

If you can find a good defense against death, it might not save you. It is estimated that somewhere between the year 600,000,000 and 3,500,000,000, the Earth's oceans will evaporate. In the year 5,000,000,000, our sun will become a red giant and all things here will die. Damn. Immortality has its downside. I just hope the end of the world doesn't happen on a Saturday.

Later...

5 comments:

A said...

Off to a conference? Do you get to travel? Do you get to travel some place good?

S.M. Elliott said...

I wish I had time to worry about stuff that might happen thousands of years from now...

tweetey30 said...

Hye have fun... LOL.. I bet they are really boring though..

Kate said...

Teacher conferences usually include weekends. Lame.

I'm most worried about when the sun gets bigger and cooler. That's going to suck.

Bridget Jones said...

SME, me too.