Thursday, July 24, 2014

Arcadia: Election Day (1985)


Three quarters of Duran Duran (Simon, Nick, and Roger) participated in this DD side project, Arcadia. This 12" single contains two vocal versions of Election Day, and one instrumental version. To my ears, there is very little to differentiate the sound of Arcadia from Duran Duran, though it could be that Arcadia was better than the group from which it splintered.

I think I picked up this piece of vinyl at Peter Dunn's Vinyl Museum. My memory on this is hazy, but I seem to recall that he defaced many records by stamping verses of scripture on the inner sleeves. In other words, he destroyed the sleeves of many fine records with superstition, and probably reduced the resale value. Fortunately, this record has not been defaced, but I still don't think it has any resale value.

No comments: