Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Bryan Adams: Bryan Adams (1980)

I am not really a Bryan Adams fan, though at one time, I thought that I was. Apparently, two singles were released from this album. They were Hidin' From Love and Give me Your Love. I haven't listened to this album in so long (maybe 30 years) than I am unable to even remember the melody of either track. To be completely honest, I don't even want to spin this record, mostly because my vague memory of it is that the album was not very good. Or, maybe I should spin it to see if my memory is correct. No, let's not.

I think I picked this up after listening to Cuts Like a Knife, which is a much stronger album. The two albums sound completely different, if my memory is clear. It's clear that Adams hadn't yet hit upon his signature sound here, which I suppose is not uncommon for a first release.

Now, here is an odd fact about Mr. Adams. There is no information about him on the Allmusic Guide. Evidently, he requested that the site remove all content, and they complied. I fail to see why he would do this. Maybe he objected to the reviews? After all, Wikipedia has lots of info, but Wikipedia posts are generally neutral, and authors do not really review, though some articles contain a reception segment, which might summarize critical opinion.

No comments: