Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Bryan Adams: Cuts Like a Knife (1983)

After having said that I am not really a big Bryan Adams fan, I have to confess to owning more Bryan Adams vinyl. If I had to choose, I would say that Cuts Like a Knife is his best record. At least it's the best one I have heard. And, that is if you discount Straight From the Heart, which is in my humble opinion, a truly awful song. On the other hand, there are some really strong tracks, like the title track and This Time.

The cover, while containing a technically good photograph, is kind of ridiculous. I have never been able to figure out what that pose is supposed to represent. Is he ready to run away? It is merely so that we can examine his wardrobe from a certain angle? It's simply a goofy photo. I suppose it conveys to the potential buyer that the singer might also play guitar. I am still confused after all of these years.


No comments: