Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Bryan Adams: Diana (1985)

Perhaps repressed memories are a real phenomenon after all. I forgot I owned this record. I have no idea how I acquired it, and it really irks me to realize that I sold my copy of Pink Floyd's The Wall, and yet hung on to this. The only possible explanation is that The Wall had some resale value. This, perhaps not so much.

In searching for background information about this release, I discovered that the song was retired with the death of Lady Diana Spencer. That's fair enough, I suppose.

The most bizarre track on this EP is The Bryan Adamix. This track is what happens when you let children loose in the studio to mess around with the mixing boards. It's a medley of some of his tracks, glued together with a few beats to hide the transitions. I really don't understand why he allowed this to be released, and I wonder if he is now embarrassed by this Dr. Frankensteinish track. I would be.

Update: I have removed this record from my collection.

No comments: