Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Beatles: Rock 'n' Roll Music (1976)


I remember purchasing this record at a lawn sale when I was much younger. It's a double album of previously-released music. Both records have a number of scratches and the spine of the jacket looks as if a rat gnawed on it. Otherwise, it is a fine collection of Beatles tunes.

Sadly, I am forced to recall that our family had some other Beatles records: The Red and Blue double best of albums, the Hollywood Bowl live album, and some others. These have all disappeared. Thankfully, I managed to get my hands on the old 7" 45s, though they are not in the best of shape and none have picture sleeves.

Until I read the Wikipedia entry, I had no idea that the cover of this album did not please The Beatles. I learned something today.

No comments: