Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Cars: The Cars (1978)


you've got your nuclear boots
and your drip dry glove
and when you bite your lip
it's some reaction to love 

In my small hometown, there used to be a record store and it lasted for a while. A newer one replaced the older, but eventually, it too died, but I am not sure when. There used to be lots and lots of records stores all over the place, but now they are few and very far between. I bought lots of records in that tiny record shop in my hometown, including this one. For some reason, I have a crystal clear memory of buying it. The shop was only so big, and the stock was rather provincial, so I had to make treks to urban places farther afield to find more interesting items.

The Cars appealed to a wide range of tastes, and I think the songs still sound fresh today.

No comments: