Thursday, April 09, 2015

The Cure: Boys Don't Cry (1980)


I have a 1988 Canadian repressing of this record. For some reason, records by the Cure are rather expensive these days, even later represses. Back in the day, instead of buying records, I would often tape a friend's copy of whatever record I wanted and, in exchange, I loaned a copy of something I owned for them to tape. In other words, I ignored the "home taping is killing music" statements printed on the records. The record biz types really had no idea of what was coming when they launched digital music. Oh, the fools. Later, I bought some of the records I had taped on CD and even some of the LPs.

This record is a re-working of Three Imaginary Boys with a different running order. It's quite good. I'd like to have a copy of the original pressing or a copy of Three Imaginary Boys. Maybe someday.

No comments: