Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Dolby's Cube [Thomas Dolby]: May the Cube be With You b/w Googooplexus & Club Creature Caviar (1985)

Though I know I have this 12" single, I cannot find it anywhere, so there is no photo. I saw it a while back, but it now eludes me. I think it must be misfiled. A photo will appear when I find it. [Update: I found it]. George Clinton and Lene Lovich appear on this record. It's a pretty cool track.

This is straight from Wikipedia:

"Beginning in 1983, Dolby collaborated with a number of artists in an occasional studio-bound project called Dolby's Cube. The project had no set line-up, and was essentially a forum for Dolby to release material that was more dance-oriented. Dolby's Cube released a single in 1983 ("Get Out of My Mix"), another in 1985 ("May The Cube Be With You"), and performed soundtrack work for the film "Howard The Duck" in 1986. Collaborators in Dolby's Cube at various junctures included Lene Lovich, George Clinton of Parliament-Funkadelic, Francois Kevorkian, and Lea Thompson."

I have nothing to add, except to say that perhaps this is a bit dated. 

No comments: