Thursday, July 30, 2015

Thomas Dolby: Music From The Film Gothic (1987)

Untitled
I have never seen Gothic, the film about the writing of Frankenstein. Apparently, it was directed by Ken Russell and stars Gabriel Byrne, Julian Sands, and Natasha Richardson in her film debut. I would include Frankenstein in a list of my favourite novels, so perhaps I should see this film since it concerns that novel and Percy and Mary Shelley.

The soundtrack has some interesting pieces, some of which sound a little too much like film music. It's a curious record, but it has never driven me to see the film and I don't listen to it very often. I'm hard pressed to even decide if this sounds like a Dolby record, apart from, perhaps, The Devil is an Englishmen, which is available on Youtube in an extended mix:

No comments: