Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Fabulous Poodles: Think Pink (1979)

Untitled
Think Pink is filled with funny and amusing songs that all have great energy and pace. Although I like Mirror Stars well enough, to me, Think Pink seems better overall. I have a hard time believing that the Fab Poos didn't make it big with this record. It's really too bad that they didn't make any videos (or none that I know of). I think that might have helped.

I once played the track entitled Anna Rexia for a woman in my university residence, after which she told me that she once suffered from anorexia. Oops. She seemed to forgive me.

"Anna! Anna! Anna! Anna!
That little girl's got a prepossessing manner
Anna! Anna! Anna! Anna!
I'm makin' love to a bagful of spanners
Every day she's gettin' thinner and thinner
She won't touch a bite of her dinner
She used to be my one and only
Now she's even thinner than a Bony Maroney!"

I have to say, though, that this is one of those records that I heard way too often. My sister had a copy, which she later sold, but during the time she had it, it was on the spin too many times. Some years later, I dug this up in a record bin for a good price, and couldn't resist picking it up.


No comments: