Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Peter Frampton: Frampton Comes Alive! (1976)

Untitled
Frampton Comes Alive! is probably the most famous live recording of all time. It is also the biggest selling live record of all time. If you have ever listened to any classic rock radio stations, you will know at least three tracks: Show Me the Way, Baby, I Love Your Way, and Do You Feel Like We Do. I'm sure that lots of people who own this record have never heard Frampton's former band, Humble Pie. That's OK with me. Nobody can know everything.

This record reminds me of Cheap Trick at Budokan. Both Cheap Trick and Frampton gained huge commercial success on the basis of live records. That seems like something that would not likely happen today. In my opinion, this is not the best live record ever made, not by a long shot.


No comments: