Thursday, February 18, 2016

Peter Frampton: I'm In You (1977)

Untitled
"It was almost inevitable that I'm in You would be thought of as a letdown no matter now good it was." Allmusic

Frampton called in a host of guest musicians for his followup to Frampton Comes Alive. Joining Frampton are Ringo Starr, Mick Jagger, Stevie Wonder, and others. I have to agree with Allmusic in its assessment that nothing he released after the live album would be good enough. Nothing could live up to expectations. I think other artists have felt the same pressure after releasing a major commercial success. So, while the record may be pretty good, the fans were disappointed. Fans are fickle and stupid.

I'm not a really big Frampton fan. I think that the live album is a curious record and I think I have hung onto it out of nostalgia. I'm in You is pretty good for what it is, but it's not my scene. Oh, and I don't like the album cover at all.

No comments: