Wednesday, October 26, 2016

David J: Candy On The Cross (1992)

Untitled
As far as I can tell, this EP was released only in the USA on CD and 12" vinyl. By 1992, vinyl was in its death throes, so I am somewhat amazed that the record company bothered, especially in North America. It seems to me that vinyl had a longer life in Europe. At one time, I owned a copy of this EP on CD, but I have no idea if I still have it.

Candy on the Cross really only has three tracks, plus a brief reprise at the end. The tracks are:

Candy on the Cross
Antarctica Starts Here
Memphis Ghosts
Antarctica Starts Here (Reprise)

Some music fans will know that Antarctica Starts Here is a John Cale tune from Paris 1919, which, in my mind, is Cale's finest record.

If you listen closely, you can hear Peter Murphy on backing vocals on Candy on the Cross.

No comments: