Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Jethro Tull: Repeat - The Best Of Jethro Tull - Vol. II (1977)

Untitled
My copy is a Canadian pressing from 1983. It has a bunch of tracks you may or may not know, depending on your interest or devotion to the band. I was never a big fan, and I am sure I paid nothing for this LP.

I've always viewed the flute as a feminine instrument, despite its obvious phallic proportions. I suppose I really view it as an instrument preferred by women, judging by my old music classes in junior high and high school. Men shied away from that instrument, and I thought that was a wise decision at the time. Apart from Ian Anderson, the only other flutists (or flautists) I can think of are Peter Gabriel, Mel Collins, and Florian Schneider. There must be more.

I'd say that this record has a fairly good minimalist cover design.

No comments: