Thursday, January 26, 2017

Joan Jett: Bad Reputation (1981)

Untitled
Sure, I had a crush on Joan Jett. What adolescent boy at the time didn't? There was something super sexy and appealing about her guitar-playing, bad-ass, and rock and roll attitude. Oh, and leather. In Bad Reputation, she sings:

I don't give a damn 'bout my reputation
You're living in the past it's a new generation
A girl can do what she wants to do and that's
What I'm gonna do
An' I don't give a damn ' bout my bad reputation

It should have been an anthem for all women everywhere. It was also the theme to Freaks and Geeks, a show that was cancelled too soon, though I have only seen it on Netflix, well after the fact.

This record was originally released in 1980 with the title Joan Jett. A year later, it was released under the title Bad Reputation. By the way, there is nothing uncensored about the video below. I think that's a ploy to gain clicks.



No comments: