Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Love and Rockets: Express (1986)

Untitled
I have a bit of a Frankenstein copy of this record. The jacket on my copy is from a Canadian pressing, but the vinyl is the US pressing. As such, the pressing contains Ball of Confusion, a tune that is not on the Canadian pressing, and not listed on my jacket, probably because that track was included on the Canadian pressing of Seventh Dream of Teenage Heaven. So the US pressing of the LP has nine tracks, while the Canadian has eight. I have no idea how or why the jacket or record was swapped with another. I guess these things happen. This LP also came with a two foot by three foot poster.

My favourite track from this record has always been Yin And Yang The Flower Pot Man. I've always loved that song. The LP version clocks in at over six minutes. The single version is two minutes shorter. I also love Kundalini Express, but all of the songs are great. Even Allmusic agrees.

No comments: